The haunt is on in Warzone.
All operators can earn over a dozen free items through Trick or Treat, a scavenger hunt within Call of Duty®: Warzone as part of The Haunting in Verdansk limited-time event.
Forget pennies, toothbrushes and expired coupons; the treats you’ll find in these boxes are packed with Blueprint weapons, charms, and more Rare, Epic, and Legendary items… Or in some cases, a terrifying fright. Collect all 16 unique rewards, and you’ll get a Legendary Assault Rifle Blueprint to show off as the ultimate treat.
Ready to go door-to-door and box-to-box in search of treats? Here is everything you need to know about this limited-time event:
Tricks of the Trade: An Overview for Trick or Treat
From the start of The Haunting of Verdansk until its end, 16 designated areas in Warzone have a chance of spawning Trick or Treat Supply Boxes. These special caches have a chance at awarding the operator who opened it a permanent item unique to each area, such as a Blueprint weapon or calling card.
Of course, the Trick or Treat Supply Box could also contain a “Trick” instead of these “Treats.” While the trick itself will deal no damage, expect it to be horrifying both visually and audibly.
This all happens during an active match, so needless to say, this is the one time where fighting over Trick or Treating is perfectly acceptable.
There are two ways to track your progress during this event: either in-game on the Tac Map screen, or in the Warzone menu through the “Halloween Event” section. This submenu contains an overview of the event, including a map of all locations where Trick or Treat Supply Boxes can be found that also acts as a progress tracker. After successfully receiving an area’s reward from a Trick or Treat Box, a checkmark will appear over the location on this map and over the item in the reward showcase below it.
Treats for the Tenacious
The following image carousel contain every reward found inside these Trick or Treat Boxes, which are unique to each area.
After you’ve collected all 16 of the rewards shown above, you’ll unlock the “Pumpkin Punisher” Legendary Assault Rifle Blueprint:
Also, just for visiting the Trick or Treat submenu, you’ll be awarded with this “Spooky Goodies” Charm.
The Trick to Finding Treats: Location Hints
As well as investigating the moving train, expect to find these boxes in the following areas around Verdansk (as broken down by Warzone Strategy Guide section; click each link to find points of interest where Trick or Treat Supply Boxes may appear):
· Gora Dam
· Arklov Peak Military Base
· Karst River Quarry
· Verdansk International Airport
· Storage Town
· Atlas Superstore
· Zhokov Boneyard
· Novi Grazna Hills
· BCH TV Station
· Verdansk Stadium
· Gorengrad Lumber Yard
· Port of Verdansk
· Zordaya Prison Complex (Gulag)
Ten Tips for the Trick or Treat Event
10. Beware the Scares. This event is not for the faint of heart, but these scares can be worth it given the rewards on offer. Our suggestion for the squeamish: anticipate the scare and plan accordingly out of game.
9. Plan Your Drops… Know all 16 landmarks where Trick or Treat boxes can spawn and drop according to where the flight path and safe circles land. Want to avoid potential hot spots? Drop far away from the path and the safe circle… But don’t be surprised if other squads have the same idea.
8. … And Check That Tracker. Especially after taking a break to experience what Multiplayer has to offer during this mid-season update, if you forgot what areas you have yet to successfully Trick or Treat at, check the event’s submenu or pull up the Tac Map during a match to see that handy checklist.
7. Have a Sixth Sense for Supply Boxes. Operators who have incredible map knowledge, specifically where Supply Boxes could spawn in each locale, could have a knack for finding Trick or Treat Supply Boxes. Listening to their hum also helps, although it isn’t as cool as saying you have a supernatural ability.
6. As a Wise Captain Once Said, “Check those corners!” You’re not the only Trick or Treater out there in Verdansk, so ensure the area around a Trick or Treat Supply Box is clear before prying it open.
5. Trick or Treat Across All Modes. This event isn’t just limited to nighttime infiltrations or standard Battle Royale. Feel free to drop into some Zombie Royale for a change of pace Battle Royale option, or play some Plunder, which offers a more generous respawn mechanic compared to any other mode.
4. Fearless Reinforcement. Should you choose to play a Battle Royale mode and are redeployed without a plan for the endgame, consider searching for any Trick or Treat Supply Boxes that were left unopened. Not every Operator will want to take the risk of using these boxes during a match, so if a victory doesn’t seem likely, go for broke and you might just get a treat for your troubles.
3. Loadout Suggestion: CQB for Personal Defense. Given that most Supply Boxes spawn inside buildings, having a Shotgun or SMG may be better for any surprises outside of a potential jump scare. Although Trick or Treat Supply Boxes can spawn in more open spaces, it may be worth your time searching inside built-up areas and other structures, though you may find yourself fighting both fear and rival operators in the moonlit darkness!
2. Bait and Switch. The audio and visual scare from a Trick or Treat Supply Box might leave enough time for another operator to pounce on a scared one. Keep this in mind if you’re hunting for treats or consider it a trick to use if you’re hunting for Trick or Treaters.
1. Safety in Numbers. Like Trick or Treating in real life, it’s better to roll with a squad rather than go alone. Coordinate your checklists, protect your allies while they open these boxes, and work together to get everyone that Legendary Assault Rifle blueprint before it’s too late.
Remember to collect all 16 items before The Haunting of Verdansk ends on November 3rd, lest you miss out on all these awesome treats!
We’ll see you online.