Activision and Treyarch have officially revealed the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Zombies mode.
Black Ops Cold War has a ‘new Zombies experience’ that is building a new ‘chapter’ of the universe. The team has released a 8 minute trailer highlighting what’s new in the new Zombies experience.
First Look Trailer
The next generation of Zombies is here. New story, New characters, New ways to play. Get your first look at #BlackOpsColdWar Zombies.
Black Ops Cold War Zombies is a brand new story that is set within the Zombies world. It’s called DIE MASCHINE.
“At the end of Black Ops 4, our heroes sacrificed themselves to collapse the multiverse. They hoped their actions would create a new world… one free from the forces of darkness that had plagued their existence. They were half right.”
With more than a nod to “Nacht der Untoten” – the map that started it all – “Die Maschine” takes place in the early ‘80s, but its roots reach back even further into the past.
As part of Requiem, a CIA-backed international response team led by Grigori Weaver from the original Black Ops story, operatives explore a World War II bunker that hasn’t only been ravaged by time.
While fighting to suppress the unnatural phenomena at this graffiti-skinned, boarded-up bunker, Requiem team members investigate what lies beneath this structure that’s been left to crumble after decades of disservice. Should they succeed, Requiem may uncover a cache of decades-old secrets that upend the global order.
At the same time, a Soviet-led division and rival to Requiem, the Omega Group, enters the fray. The Omega Group also has a keen interest in studying and harnessing the unexplained events and anomalies manifesting around the globe.
Between Requiem and Omega Group, there are plenty of characters who may aid or hinder your journey, while others have separate, unknown agendas that will be up to players to discover. Among this cast, there is one particular contact – Sam – who seems eager to share intel discovered from deep within the KGB.
New Ways to Play
Treyarch has outlined new ways that fans can play and experience Black Ops Cold War Zombies, including return of fan favorite perks, Pack-A-Punch, and more.
Here’s a look at some of what’s new.
- Weapon Rarity: In addition to the return of the Pack-a-Punch machine to transform your weapon, all weapons will now have a rarity associated with them. The higher the rarity, the greater the damage output and attachments for the weapon. For the first time, this will allow any weapon in the game to be sustainable in later rounds. This also adds more variety and fun to finding new weapons through Wall Buys and the Mystery Box.
- Field Upgrades: Outside of weaponry, players can deploy Field Upgrades as proactive abilities that add another layer to squad-based tactics. Charge them up by killing zombies, then deploy them in times of desperate need. From offensive buffs to abilities that aid in evasion or healing and reviving, these Field Upgrades are made to fit numerous playstyles and situations.
- Equipment: Around the map, you can craft and find lethal, tactical, and support equipment. Lethal and tactical equipment are similar to the equipment found in Multiplayer, like Frag Grenades, while support equipment is home to high-powered offensive weaponry. This slot could be where you deploy Grenade Launchers, Sentry Turrets, Explosive Bows and even Chopper Gunners – all tools that can deliver a massive power spike when your squad needs it most.
- Perks: Classic Zombies Perks are back with a reimagined Cold War aesthetic, including the return of timeless favorites like Juggernog and Speed Cola. There’s no longer a limit to how many different Perks you can consume, so go ahead and crack open a six-pack, if you have the points to do so.
- Exfil: Instead of perishing to the horde, Black Ops Cold War Zombies provides a new option to escape with your life when you’re feeling overrun… if you dare. If the whole squad is in trouble, you can opt to exfiltrate the undead combat zone via helicopter. Although zombie spawns will be dialed up to 11, you should expect to earn some rewards if your squad completes this final push to survive.
Black Ops Cold War Zombies represents the first Zombies experience since Black Ops 4, with Infinity Ward opting to not have Zombies in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Zombies fans have been waiting to see what Treyarch has been working on since the game’s announcement.
Black Ops Cold War will launch on November 13 with an all new campaign developed by Raven Software, along with Multiplayer, Zombies, and Warzone connected.
More information on all the modes to come as we get closer to launch date.